What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is a 5000-year-old medical system with Indian roots, and is one of the most highly practiced alternative medicines. Ayurvedic practices aim for overall wellbeing and longevity by reducing bodily imbalances through a balanced lifestyle.
The holistic approach tends to focus on managing a person’s physical, mental, moral, and spiritual health. Ayurvedic practitioners believe a person’s health is dependent on the strength and fitness of their body.
Benefits of Ayurvedic treatments
Ayurvedic treatments have several physical, spiritual, and psychological benefits, which include:
- Improved vitality through regular massages
- Reduction of muscle fatigue
- Improved body tissue repair
What to expect
Ayurveda uses five diagnostic methods called Pancha Nidana to diagnose a disease:
- Nidana – the cause
- Purva rupa – the initial signs
- Rupa – symptoms
- Upashaya – examining methods
- Samprapti – disease development
During a consultation, an Ayurvedic doctor will evaluate:
- Basic constitution and any imbalance of doshas
- Any possible lifestyle causes
- Toxin build-up in the muscles
Ayurvedic treatments aid the physical, spiritual, and psychological health of a patient. Some of the possible treatments include:
- Improved diet
- Meditation, yoga, exercise, and pranayama breathing exercises
- Panchakarma therapies
- Cleansing and rejuvenating Ayurvedic therapies
For a natural approach to managing disease, make an appointment at our Melbourne clinic.